ROS for LabVIEW(TM) Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROS for LabVIEW on sbRIO

Hello everybody,

I try to use ROS for LabVIEW on the RT system of a sbRIO-9627. As ROS master I have an Intel Nuc running Ubuntu 16.04.2 with ROS Kinetic connected to the sbRIO via Ethernet. 

At the moment I try to receive UInt8 values which are published by the ROS master. This works fine when ROS for LabVIEW is running on my PC, but not on the sbRIO. As you can see in the screenshot, the error occurs in the 'ROS_Topic_Read.vi'. Since the 'ROS_Topic_Init.vi' terminates without an error, I assume that the connection to the ROS master is fine. I already deployed a source distribution as it is necessary for myRIO's but that did not fix it.

The error message reads as:

'Fehler 1 bei Dequeue Element in ROS_Topic_Read_Primative.vi:5110002->ROS_Topic_Read.vi:6470001->[RT]Main.vi

Mögliche Ursachen:

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.'

The input for 'ROS_Topic_Read.vi' can be seen in the second screenshot. To me it looks fine.

Has somebody encountered similar issues or an idea how to make it working?

Kind regards,

Daniel Kadletz

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,752 Views)

Did you figure out how to solve your problem? I am having the same issue but with a cRIO.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,639 Views)

Unfortunately I was not able to figure out how to use ROS for LabVIEW on the sbRIO.

I decided to use ROS for LabVIEW on a different platform and to transmit the data to the sbRIO using Network Streams.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,575 Views)

Hello,
I'm trying to use the ROSforLabVIEW library on sbRIO 9636 (NI Real-Time VxWorks based) with a different master (the master is a linux PC), I followed the instructions contained into the myRIO and RoboRIO Help but when I run the vi from the PC is working fine and when I drop the vi into the target I always get this error:

'Fehler 1 bei Dequeue Element in ROS_Topic_Read_Primative.vi:5110002->ROS_Topic_Read.vi:6470001->[RT]Main.vi

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.'

I tried to build the distribution source but without any good result. Could someone explain me which is the right path on the target where I have to deploy the distribution?

Is there anyone that have done it before with success (ROS on sbRIO)?

Is possible to use this library for sbRIO targets?

Could you suggest me another method to read and write topics from an sbRIO?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,719 Views)