RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transmission of jpeg file

I want to transmit jpeg image between 5670 RFSG and 5660 RFSA through QAM . Is there any example that does that or if not then can you please tell me how to do that using existing examples

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,039 Views)

Using the Modulation Toolkit, you can generate a QAM modulated signal. It looks like there is a basic example which simulates QAM modulation and demodulation. In it, a JPG image is converted to a binary bitstream. This bitstream is then modulated onto the chosen carrier sine wave frequency. This is a basic example, and will require some work to adapt to your application.

The example is located here: Simulated QAM Modulation of a JPG Image

This looks like your best starting point for what you are trying to do. I also encourage you to look at the examples that ship with the NI-RFSG driver and the Modulation Toolkit. You can view these for LabVIEW in the Example Finder (LabVIEW » Help » Find Examples » Hardware Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-RFSG). 

Regards,

Aaron

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,034 Views)

Hi,

The link specified was very useful. But, when I try to run it, it shows an error (missing MT Generate Bits.vi). I tried to compare (MT Generate Bits.vi with MT Generate Bits (Poly).vi in LabView) but it does not look like same. Can you please send the link where i can download the MT Generate Bits.vi, which will be very much useful to run Simulated QAM modulation of a JPG ImageSimulated QAM Modulation of a JPG Image.

Thank You in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,534 Views)