From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni-5680 rf power meter not detected in soft front panel

hello

my company devloped a mesuremetn setup in which 4 rf power meters are used .

when this testing setup runs 24*7, it occures that randomly usbs arent detected in pc.

and retires of plug again it strats to be shown on ni soft front panel.

i have reinstalled usb drivers.(usb2.0 and3.0)

i have reinsttalled drivers of rf power meters

changed pcs.

but the issue remain random occouing

dont know what to do with it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,953 Views)

issue is something that ...

device manager of pc detects the connected rf powermeters.

but ni soft front panel not shows the device

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,952 Views)

This is the feedback forum about the forum itself. You have a technical question which does not belong here.

I cannot figure out where your posts belong, because you don't provide much information (e.g. OS version). Please have a look here and then tell a moderator where this thread should be moved. (In the upper right of the posts, go to options...report to a moderator).

(EDIT: Apparently, the thread got moved to a more appropriate place)

(If this is Windows 8 or higher, see if fast startup is enabled)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,942 Views)
Yash,
Please list the model numbers of the power meters that you're using, the version on the NI-568x driver that you're installing, and your OS (version and bitness).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,924 Views)
hello it is rf powermeter-5680 and OS is window 7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,913 Views)
also the version is Version=1.1.0.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,912 Views)

the issue is something that measuremt and automation explorer is detecting rfpowermeters but it is not shown at ni soft front panel.

refer attachement.

i have downloaded version 1.2.0.0 and tried

but the issue remains.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,908 Views)

Please try version 15.0. This release includes improvements both to MAX and the NI Soft Front Panel. Also note that the SFP locks the session to the power meter as does the driver API. This means that you can only be using the driver OR the SFP OR MAX (not two of those at the same time) as they all communicate with the device.

Do the power meters become undetected while you're running the SFP or while you're using the driver?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,894 Views)

I AHVE TRIED VERSION 15.00 NOW,

THERE IS NO IMPORVMENT.

AT FIRST NOTHING IS DETECTED, NI MAX IS DETECTED ALL FOUR OF RF POWERMETERES BUT FAILED IN SELF TEST.

WHEN I TRIED CONNECTING ON NEW PORTS, I GOT ONLY TWO OF THEM ARE DETECTED, 

AFTER RESTARTING AGAIN AND AGAIN , I GOT THREE DETECTIONS OF RFPOWERMETER,

the fourth is coming in device manager, NI max but it failed in self test of it.

the issue is in driver ......

not happy as detaction is changing after each restart. 

i  have to plug n play each time for the detaction but one of the powermeter is not shown in SOFT FRONT PANEL.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,873 Views)
hello i have downloaded rf powermeter firmware 1.2 also from the link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6bc5c78a5f154c5b86257b8a00501893 this link is about a bug fixing. but still when i connect all 4 of them , the soft front panel doesnt detect it. the issue is remaining same as , it is not detected even with fw 1.2 and driver version 15.00/ please help/....
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,811 Views)