RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting portion of a recorded waveform

Hi. I'm using NI RF Phase-Coherent Multi-Channel Version 1.1. I'm recording and then playing back a signal. Is there a way that I could just playback a portion of the recorded waveform? For example, capturing a portion in the "middle" of the entire duration of the waveform? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,366 Views)

Hi NathanDave,

This is possible, but not currently supported by the NI RF Mulrichannel software.I will add this as a possible feature for the next version.

One way to workaround this and still use this software without any modifications would be to create a new binary data file containing just the portion of data you wish to regenerate, and then replacing the original data file with this new file.

Regards,

Andy Hinde

RF Systems Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,365 Views)

Hi. Sorry for bothering you with another question. How can I edit the binary file? Can you recommend some software applications that can do this? Because at this moment, I can only edit the excel file of the two channels. I don't know how to handle/edit the binary file. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,352 Views)

Hello Nathan,

For editing any binary file you may use a hex editor program.  The steps will be different on each program but you would just copy the number of bytes you woud like starting from a certain point and then create a new file and paste those bytes and save.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,340 Views)