From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize 5673E and 5644R RF Ouput

I need the Synchronize two VSG RF Output .I have 5644r VST and 5673e VSG .I tried using the T-CLK option.But It works for VSG alone and gives error(Invalid Session) for VST.

After going through the whitepaper .I understand that if i have two identical devices( say two 5673E VSG) i can use the T-CLK option for intiating the Transmission

I need to transmit the Signal from both the VSG simultaneously to carry out the Signal Delay spread test .Can someone give information on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,301 Views)

Anyone can give some information on this whi worked on Synchronizing the RF Ouputs 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,225 Views)

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to synchronize (tightly) the 5673 and a VST.  Two 5673's can use T-Clk, or two VSTs (any model) can use VST specific synchronization triggers.

Depending on how tight your synchronization needs to be, you can trigger the VST from the 5673 (or vice versa) using the PXI backplane.  Both devices need to use the same clock as well.  You can use the phase offset and interpolation delay properties in RFSG to tune the delay between the two devices from that point.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,199 Views)