RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate GPS with standard toolkits

Dear LabVIEW and RF community!

I would like to generate GPS signal, using NI PXIe 5644R. But it seems, that NI RF Test Suite, which contains GNSS tookit, does not support that VST device...

How should I proceed in this situation? Maybe, someone can recommend good source, from where I can take description, of how to simulate navigation signals using standart Modulation toolkit? Or it's anyway, possible to do with GNSS toolkit?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,112 Views)

If you would like to stream a GPS signal using 5644R, you will need different type of examples based on Instrument Design Libraries (IDL). Here is the link to the examples and guidelines to run :

http://www.ni.com/example/31557/en/

Hope the above helps

Sastry Vadlamani
RF Principal Software Engineer
Aerospace and Defence BU
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 5
(5,110 Views)

Thanks a lot!

I didn't know, that I must dig in this direction... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,093 Views)

I've got one more stupid question regarding this topic...

I can not figure out, whether it is possible to use GNSS toolkit with NI PXI 5670 Vector Signal Generator... It is not in the list of RF Toolkit and RF Hardware Compatibility Chart; but it seems, that it's alsmost the same, as NI PXI 5671, which can not be used with that toolkit... Could anyone, please, be so kind, to tell, whethe it's possible to generate GPS or GLONASS signals via GNSS toolkit using NI PXI 5670? 

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,810 Views)

Hello,

Unfortunately the 5670 is not supported by the GNSS Tolkit. If you look at the ReadMe for the toolkit linked below you can see the officially supported hardware.

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//RF/NI%20GNSS/3.0/readme.htm

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
Message 5 of 5
(4,784 Views)