RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIRFSG generation mode error

Hello-

I've recently been getting a new error with all of the examples associated with my 5650 RF signal generator.

The error is associated with the ConfigureGenerationMode.vi.....for some reason it only allows CW configuration.  If Arbitrary is selected (as is with most of the examples), then the program throws an error.

This appears to be a new problem...one that occured after installing new versions of the NI-USRP driver (1.2) as well as the Modulation Toolkit (4.3.1).  I recently tried to update my version of NI-FGEN (1.8), but this did not seem to solve the problem either.  

Is my 5650 only 'compatible' with older versions of these drivers?  I am using LV 2010.

Any help?

---

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,439 Views)

Hi Brandon,

The National Instruments PXI-565x RF and microwave signal generators are continuous-wave generators with modulation capability. The NI 5650/5651/5652 cannot do scripting or store arbitrary waveforms onboard, therefore I am a bit surprised that it used to work with the previous drivers. What are the versions of the previous drivers that you had? To check the compatibility of 5650 with older versions of the drivers, please refer to the Supported Hardware section in the readme.html of each driver. For example, according to NI RFSG 1.8 Readme file 5650 is supported by NI RFSG 1.8. Also make sure when you update LabVIEW, you also reinstall/update all the drivers for your hardware. Finally, for future reference be sure to include the screenshot of the error you are getting for faster troubleshooting.

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,431 Views)

Thanks Mikhail-

Now that you mention it...I last used this examples with a slightly different PXI chassis...which had an ARB/upconverter module, and not the RF signal generator.  This is probably why I initially felt that these examples had worked.  I was probably using a different card! 

---

B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,424 Views)