From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-5681 with error code -1074134944

After installing newest NI-568x 1.1 driver, the NI586x Soft Front Panel works fine but LabVIEW gave me this error code

-1074134944: ni568x Initialize With Options.vi<ERR>Insufficient location information or resource not present in the system.

When I opened NI MAX and try to query IDN, it gave me this

1: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)

Return Count: 6 bytes

2: Read Operation

Return Count: 8 bytes

BAD CMD\n

What's wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,133 Views)

The device is picky.  "*IDN?\n" is a bad command.  Just delete the asterix and "IDN?\n" should work fine.  If not, try sending "START\n" and reading back "OK\n" first.  I'll need a little more information to try to figure out what's going on in LabVIEW.  Do you have any other USB devices attached, even phones and MP3 players?  Do you have the Soft Front Panel Open?  What operating system are you using?  Are you working with an Application Engineer on this?

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,130 Views)

"IDN?\n" works fine in NI MAX.

I unplugged other USB devices and still have the same error.

ni568x Initialize With Options.vi calls Call Library Function "int32_t ni568x_InitWithOptions(const CStr resource name, uint16_t id query, uint16_t reset device, const CStr option string, uint32_t *session)". The only unwired input is "option string".

I don't have Soft Front Panel open.

My OS is Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,115 Views)

Are you using a VISA alias?

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,104 Views)

I have similar problem, on MAX I see the VISA alias COM17, using this as a resource on sample program LabVIEW, it result with the error 1074134944.

Can You help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,057 Views)

Onerevole,

For the record, the 568x driver does not support VISA aliases at this time.  That is why I am asking.  

When you say that you can see it in MAX.  Is it the device (NI USB-5681 "COM17") listed under "Devices and Interfaces" or the virtual COM port (COM17) listed under "Devices and Interfaces>>Serial & Parallel"?

If the power meter is showing up, select it.  Do you see the Serial Number and Firmware Version listed correctly in properties?

KQD,

Have you had any improvement with your issue?

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,047 Views)

When you say that you can see it in MAX. Is it the device (NI USB-5681 "COM17") listed under "Devices and Interfaces" or the virtual COM port (COM17) listed under "Devices and Interfaces>>Serial & Parallel"?
Yes, I have COM17 as Alias on "Devices and Interfaces>>Serial & Parallel"

If the power meter is showing up, select it. Do you see the Serial Number and Firmware Version listed correctly in properties?

The Power Meter is not on list  "Devices and Interfaces".

the example "ni568x Getting Started" give an error code 1074134944, but the other example "National Instruments USB-5680 Acquire Single Measurement" work fine. The "National Instruments USB-5680 Acquire Single Measurement" seem to use a VISA object, is correct?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,039 Views)

Onorevole,

It sounds like there is a problem with your installation of the driver.  Try to re-install the NI-568x driver. http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2074/lang/en

Which power meter are you using: the NI USB-5680 or 5681?

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,033 Views)

on the device is written "NI USB-5680-01"

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,030 Views)

I reinstalled and i see that the "MAX" session have only the 2009 version of LabVIEW. I have the 2012 and this is possible an error on installer pack

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,024 Views)