From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 568x SFP

Gosh it would be nice if the manual scaling worked in scope modeSmiley Frustrated

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,303 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Could you give me some more details.  I have the Soft Front Panel open in scope mode, and manual scaling seems to be working correctly.

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,301 Views)

Scaling the Graph display is not working  suppose I wanted to zoom in on a rising edge or see small variations at the flat of a pulse.  Nope can't scale X or Y axisesSmiley Sad

Got none of my LabVIEW graph RCM export methods either.  I really like those!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,294 Views)

We do provide some scaling.  You can scale the power by selecting Power Max(dBm) and Power Min (dBm) without changing the actual measurement.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

… but the only way to change the time axis is to change the actual Capture Time (ms).

screenshot3.png

Given that this changes your data, I agree you cannot truly scale the x-axis.  I've noted this as a feature request.

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,282 Views)

It seems like the Power Max and Min are the meter range and the scale follows that.  You Can't really zoom into an existing capture with that!

While we are discussing feature requests, gate and fence cursors would be a lovely addition as well. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,279 Views)

So here I set a capture using a single, internal trigger and got this:
screenshot1.png

Not terribly useful.  But with a little trial and error modifying the Power Max and Power Min, I was able to scale it to this:
screenshot2.png

Without changing the device's settings or triggering again.

Now, what are looking for in a gate-cursor and fence-cursor?  As it exists right now, your gate and fence selections are displayed on the graph.  You can grab them, move them left or right, and it will update the values to the left.  What it can't do is recalculate the Gated Average Power.  After adjusting your gates and fences you have to "Apply Settings" and perform another capture.  The Soft Front Panel is not calculating this.  It is being retrieved from the hardware after the device has been configured and another reading has been taken.

Thanks,
John Fenner
RF Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,273 Views)

OK, I Believe what you are showing.  I don't get those features working for me

Win 7 32

LabVIEW 2012 (12.0.f3) 32

MAX 5.3.3

NI 586x 1.1

Of course, I have that 1 of 14 SFP's that still won't launch at all even after a force re-install.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,270 Views)

Have you tried the latest version?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3895/lang/nl

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,243 Views)

@ThiCop wrote:

Have you tried the latest version?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3895/lang/nl

No,  could you link the ReadME or release notes.

I would need to have that in order to recommend a driver change to released systems supporting production.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,239 Views)

Hello Jeff,

I don't seem to be able to find those myself online.
Probably John will be able to point out where it's available and if it could make a difference.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,233 Views)