RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 5663 E slave not receiving the signal generated by NI 5673E slave

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, I'm unsing 2 NI MIMO platforms, one with 4 VSG (NI 5673 E) modules (one master and 3 slaves) and the other with 4 VSA (NI 5663 E) modules (1 Master and 3 slaves also). By connecting the VSG Master to any VSA (Master or Slave), I've got a signal (after configurating them with MAX), BUT by connecting an VSG slave (5673 E) to any VSA, there 's no signal received and shown (on soft front panel) .

It seems to be a clock, problem ! If yes, how can I solve this ! If not, what is wrong ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,749 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GhostCole

When you are using the 5673 with an external LO:

You must make sure that external LO signal is present.  The master will not export the LO signal unless you tell it to.

Open two RFSG soft front panel windows, one to the master and another to the first slave in the LO daisy chain.  One the master, click the 'Device/System' button, 'LO', 'LO Export' to export the LO signal.

You will need to do this on each 5673 between the master and the slave you are trying to use.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,741 Views)

Thanks mbb25

I've just enabled the LO as suggested on RFSG front panel, but nothing changed when I just click on " RF On/Off" button of the slave RFSG front panel !

Should I change something else about the clk settings ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,738 Views)

Thanks mbb25, I made it with master and slave 2, and after trying with master and slave 1, it was ok.

Thanks for your help 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,729 Views)