RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure PSRR using PNA or PNA-X

I am trying to measure Power Supply rejection for a diffrential amplifier using a PNA-X (Agilent 5245a). The problem I am running in to is determing the peak-to-peak voltage level off the PNA. My understand, and given I am relatively new to using this PNA, is that it only displays in power level (dBm) and not voltage. I can set up traces to convert power level to RMS voltage to peak voltage to peak-to-peak voltage however this is not an exact science especially when dealing with frequencies > 10GHz due to noise, cal issues, etc. 

I guess my question to the masses is, does anyone know of a good way of measuring PSR/PSRR from the PNA?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,268 Views)

Hi pdpeterson87,

Have you tried using the Peak-to-Peak Voltage VI?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373270A-01/lvjitterphtk/peak_to_peak_voltage/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,238 Views)

That looks very useful, I've never seen that VI. I don't think my company paid for the package that it's contained in which is probably why. That could be a solution but I would also have to check that the network analyzer has a VI that would allow me to digitize the signal which I would have to assume that it does.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,235 Views)