RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need different RF Create Configuration List Steps idea

I would like to create a non-square configuration list for an RFSG (VST).  The NI example "RF Configuration List Power and Frequency.vi" (or some such) makes a square list (same number of power and freq steps that change at the same time). I want to step in freq, do a bunch of powers, step in freq,...  Tried wrapping the create config list step in two for loops, NI AE told me LV can't do that(?).  Any smart guy have a better idea, please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,630 Views)

Sure, you can do that.  Sounds like there was some misunderstanding with the AE.

Have you tried this (see attached):

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,586 Views)
mbb25, With a smile, that is EXACTLY what I did and it didn't work, hence my support request. NI AE said there is a issue with this approach (nested for-loops). They suggested I pad the inputs using the preceding ramp function. That still didn't solve my problem either. I want to set a freq, step the powers, set a freq, step the powers... So I fixed my own problem by making two arrays that get loaded into ONE for-loop. My VI is attached;
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,581 Views)

Hey ThreedB, what version of LabVIEW are you using? Does the attached VI work correctly for you?

I ran this on LV 2015, non-SP1, no patches.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,574 Views)

The attached VI works fine for me (same as what I posted before).  I'm using:

NI PXIe-5646R

LabVIEW 2015, 32-bit

LabVIEW certainly supports doubly-nested for loops.  This is really basic, and one of the core things I use LabVIEW for regularly (across many LabVIEW versions).  Glad you were able to work around the problem, but I don't want you to feel like you have to avoid doubly-nested loops in LabVIEW.  There's probably some other detail about this that is getting lost in translation.  Does the attached VI work on your system?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,556 Views)