RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a gps signal using the PXI-5671 after generating a gps binary file using the gps toolkit

Hi,

I am trying to test a GPS receiver and would like to use the PXI-5671 to stream a GPS binary data file which was generated using the GPS toolkit. I tried using the RFSG Arbitrary Waveform Generation.vi but it doesn't work.  Is there a sample code that will allow me to do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,877 Views)

Hi,

You can use " niGPS Streaming From File (5671).vi"  to do the streaming of your generated file.

You can find it on the GPS Toolkit examples.

GPS_5671.PNG

Regards,

James

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
Singapore (65) 6226 5886 | Malaysia (60) 3 7948 2000 | Thailand (66) 2 298 4800
Philippines (63) 2 659 1722 | Vietnam (84) 28 3911 3150 | Indonesia (62) 21 2783 2355
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,862 Views)

Thanks James.  Is it also possible to stream the GPS binary file from the PXI-5671 without using the GPS toolkit?  The reason why I am asking is that I am presently trying out the evaluation version for the toolkit but going forward we may not have the budget to purchase it so I was wondering if the RFSG can stream the data by means of another method?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,848 Views)

Hello,

The NI-RFSG driver certainly allows you to stream waveform files to signal generators without the use of the GPS Toolkit, as shown here. However, the NI-RFSG driver does not provide the user with out-of-box applications that can stream GPS waveforms with Almanac and Ephemeris information to various signal generators. For this reason, the NI GPS toolkit will be needed. 

The only alternative is that you will gather your own Almanac and Ephemeris files and implement your own functionality using the base RFSG driver to generate and stream the GPS signals. This is something that you would need to do on your own, which could prove to be difficult, thus making the GPS toolkit the best option.

I hope this information helps.

Regards

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,821 Views)