RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate two tone with freq. sweep

HI all,

I've posted this query in Labview section but I think it should be posted here.

My code is generating one tone with frequency sweep. I am trying to generate another tone and make one as a fundamental tone and another one do frequency sweep.

I've injected one of the NI examples which uses arbitary spacing or uniform spacing in my code but both of them uses without sweep. please can I find anyone can help me to know how to do it? by the way I couldn't attach the hole subvi to the main code becasue the sizae is too big.Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,715 Views)

Hi Al-Rawachy,

How is your application going?

So to clarify are you looking for examples of how to implement a frequency sweep within LabVIEW? I just had a couple of questions regarding this:

1.) In your current application, you mentioned you have two tones. Am I correct in thinking one of them is already performing the frequency sweep, and you are having difficulties with completing the sweep with the other tone?

2.) How does the fundamental tone differ to the second tone being generated?

Finally, I found a great forum page with tips on how to create a VI which generates frequency sweeps automatically:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/need-a-VI-to-generate-frequency-sweep-automat...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Frequency-sweep-with-peak-frequency/td-p/961947

It uses different hardware, but the concepts should be similar.

Hopefully this helps you out, if not, let me know!

Kind regards,

Hashim Shamsi

Message 2 of 3
(3,641 Views)

Hi Shamsi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, finally I found someone respond to my query,

Yeah, I have one tone with frequency sweep and I want to inject another tone but this one I want to be constant without sweep. As a result one tone has constant power & frequency and another tone does frequency sweep with constant power.

I did some modification in NI example to make it work as I want which choose the frequency for the second tone instead of choosing the frequency offset. but Still both tone are constant, I am trying now to make one of them sweep. Thanks again for your feedback

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,623 Views)