RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Interface Cast question

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm playing with a 5644 VST and the VST Streaming template.  On the FPGA VI I added some code, then added an indicator to the FPGA VI front panel and compiled.  Running the FPGA VI in interactive execution mode, the indicator works well.  On the host end, though, I can't seem to access the new indicator with a Read/Write control. 

Coming out of the Open FPGA VI Reference I can see the indicator on the wire, but in the Dynamic FPGA Interface Cast function it's getting stripped out of the refnum somehow.  If I connect a Read/Write control directly to the output of the Open Reference function I can access the indicator just fine.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by emonk

Have you re-configured your FPGA VI reference interface with the new bitfile?  The dynamic interface cast defines the output wire as having all the methods and indicators described by the type wire connected.  You can right-click on the type constant and select "Configure FPGA VI Reference...".  In the pop-up that follows, choose "Import from bitfile..." and then select the new bitfile that you've built.

You'll need to update the fpga reference type in the "Device Session.ctl" type def as well.  This is the type that you'll be able to access throughout the project.

fpgaType.PNG

Message 2 of 3
(5,045 Views)

That was it.  I had to get around the "Instances of typedefs cannot be individually configured" dialog by opening and updating the actual typedef.  Smooth sailing from there.

Thanks, Shawn.  The adventure can continue now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,035 Views)