RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External trigger on PXIe 5672

Dear all,

I have two questions on 5672:

1.Is script the only way to control a external tigger?If not,What are other methods?

2.How can I konw a external trigger comes through LaBVIEW,or in other words,Is it possible that LabVIEW will get a signal when a external trigger comes.

Waiting for your replies.

Oshirs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,089 Views)

The 5672 supports two types of triggers:

1) start trigger

2) script trigger

I assume you need more than just a simple start trigger.  To answer your question, yes, you must use a script in order to use script triggers.

Once you initiate a script, there isn't a way to query the device to figure out which script instruction the device is currently executing.  Of course, if you can control the external trigger in LabVIEW, then you should know where in the script the 5672 is at.  So you may want to pursue the problem from that end.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,057 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

The external trigger in my application is random,and the waveform I want to generate is according to the trigger.

I am going to use streaming to generate my waveform,and I need to know when the trigger comes so that I can produce my waveform dynamically in LabVIEW. 

Do you think this idea works?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,040 Views)

This sounds like a simple start trigger.  There are several examples on how to use triggers in the examples folder.  The triggers all operate basically the same independant of hardware.  You configure the trigger by defining the type and source and then when the trigger is recieved your hardware will begin generation.  It's pretty simple, if this is what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,409 Views)

Example photo attached.External trigger on PXIe 5672.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,407 Views)