RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWS Synchronization on 5644R Using LabVIEW FPGA and Instrument Design Libraries

Hi guys,

some days ago,  I posted about  Syncronized CWS generation with 75ps delay. I got an example from the community. I tested the example and it is working , I am aslo able to generate phase offset. I want to implement this Sycnronization and CWS generation on LabVIEW FPGA using instrument desgin libraries as example is implemened on RFSG drivers. If anyone of you can help, I am using VSG/VST Sample project as a start point. Also I ave to generate RF Sweep in two CWS which is I donot know how to implement in example. Please suggest implementation methods as my work in stucked.I have to generate TWO CWS on TWO 5644R which Should be synchronized and delay between them would be 75ps. Later I have to generate RF Sweep in them

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,832 Views)

Hey Zarrar, 

Could you provide a link to the forum post where you got the example? Was the creator an NI engineer or another forum user? The creator of the code will probably have best insight on how to modify the example.

Best,

Daniel Kapulkin

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,753 Views)

1st one is example which syncronizes two VSTs 5644R , CWS. 2nd is made by me in whcich I have inserted Configuration list mode in order to specify the range of RF and steps. I having problem in implementation on two sycnronized cws using configuration list mode as I have to spcecify RF levels ans sweeps. Please suggest changes in it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,746 Views)

Hi Zarrar, 

As user shawn.t mentioned in a different thread, please try to keep this discussion to a single thread so that we can keep track of everything in one place. I recommend http://forums.ni.com/t5/RF-Measurement-Devices/5644R-Synchronization-RF-Sweep-Error/td-p/3623993 this thread since it has had the most activity and will be most visible. I further concur with shawn.t that what you're describing should not require the IDLs, and sharing the reference clock between VSTs should be the best approach. When we resume on the above thread, can you please specify:

- the overall application aims (why is this tight of synchronization necessary? What are the consequences of jitter?)

- the intended implementation (why are the IDLs required over just ref clock sync with RFSG?)

Daniel K.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,739 Views)

Thanks, I donot know why you guys are not able to understand what I am trying to say, I have explained hundreds on times, I want to generate two CWS with RF configuration list parameters. I have to give to my circuit and check response. Now I am trying to modify example and A Synchronization NI by sharing LOS. Can anyone help in it, When I generate CWS I add phase offset in order to put fix 75ps delay. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,734 Views)