RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjacent channel power ratio

Solved!
Go to solution

I downloaded the higher version of modulation tool kit in version 2014 and used it for my code. And I am still getting the same problem ''Polymorphic sub vi is broken''. I attached the vi in which I modified with EVM measurement. Could you please take a look and tell me what is wrong in that?

And I couldn't find the example  'MT niRFSA qam Demod.vi'. I am using modulation tool kit but where can I find the example.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,922 Views)

I found the demod example by clicking Help -> Find Examples... then searching for RFSA in the example finder. The example should be listed there if the modulation toolkit is installed correctly. If you don't see it, then look here (assuming you're using a 64-bit OS and 32-bit LV):

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\examples\Modulation\niRFSA examples

You should be able to find the impairments VI here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\addons\Modulation\Digital\Demodulation\MT Measure QAM Impairments.vi

By the way, I was able to open your project without any problems (i.e. I had no broken arrows). If you're still having problems finding VIs for the modulation toolkit, I'd try uninstalling it and then re-installing it. To uninstall the modulation toolkit, go to add/remove programs in the control panel. Select 'National Instruments Software' and then click 'uninstall/change'. Look for 'NI LabVIEW Modulation Toolkit'. Select it and click remove selected. If the uninstaller mentions other toolkits that depend on MT, then you'll have to re-install those, too. Once MT has been removed, go to your LabVIEW folder and make sure that the vi.lib/addons/modulation folder has been emptied. Restart your machine and re-install. Hopefully that should clear up any installation issues.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,908 Views)

Yes, you were correct. The error 'polymorphic sub vi is broken' was due to the installation error. I did like you said and the problem got solved. But still I am not getting any value after measurement. I am getting 0 at the output of Quadrature impairment block. Why is it so? When you run the code did you get any values for EVM and other measurements?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,842 Views)

I was getting an error from the impairments VI stating that the samples per symbol must be an even number. The input to the MT Generate System Parameters VI (upper-left corner of the top-level VI) was set to 1. I set it to two, and I no longer get the error.

By the way, it looks like your waveform has some built in quiet time between bursts. Is there a reason that you want to synchronize with the digital lines instead of using the RF power edge trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,832 Views)

Yes. I dont get any error now. But I dont get any values as well. Just zeros at the outputs of evm and other measurements.

Well, I am not sure about the edge trigger. I got the synchronization part already done and I didnt try using RF power edge trigger.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,818 Views)

Try the attached VI. It uses the RF level trigger and takes the synchronization component out. It may be that the synchronization as you have it is still not quite right. I don't have a sync card to test your configuration. Is data showing up on the I and Q plots? If you have data there (and it's changing slightly to indicate that new acquisitions are coming in), then I would think all of the measurements should come out as something. When I run the VI that's attached, I get values for all measurements. It's not a great EVM result, but it's certainly a number.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,795 Views)

Yes, I tried the VI which you attached, but still no values at the output. The I and Q plots have data and its changing slightly but still the error measurements are zero. The power in channel measurements are coming correctly. It is really strange.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,763 Views)