RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB wave form generator 5450

i want to input signal at 70MHz to NI 5450 to convert it from analog to digital then input it to NI 5611 to make upconverter for 70MHz to RF

but i want to update the memory of 5450 with my signal can you help me for this step using example

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(6,933 Views)

Hi hany_anees,

We have several LabVIEW examples that come with NI-RFSG driver. You can run the following example to generate and arbitrary waveform with 5450 and then upconvert it using 5611: RFSG Arb Waveform Genereation.VI. You can access Example Finder through LabVIEW Help ->> Find Examples

Untitled2.png

It looks like you have basic components of our VSG PXIe-5673 that consists of 5611, 5450 and 5652. Do you have 5652 or do you have your own local oscillator?

PXI-5673 Vector Signal Generator Support - National Instruments

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(6,923 Views)

i do not want arbitary waveform which saved on the memory of 5450 but i want to input signal to the memory of 5450 to convert it to analog then upconvert it using 5611

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(6,918 Views)

It is not very clear what you want.  You may want to explain you goal better.

1) Have you looked at the shipping examples that Mikhail has displayed? Are they on your computer?

2) The example under the one highlighted in his image, "... Streaming.vi" has you load a waveform from a file and stream it to the generator on-the-fly. Thus you are not using data "saved on the memory of 5450". The waveform need not be from a file but can be created dynamically in software and streamed to the generator.

3) Do you also have a 5652 in your system? You can use the generator and upconverter drivers separately to try and achieve you goals, but this is probaly unecessary extra work.   If you have a 5652 as well, it means that combined, your modules make up a VSG, PXIe-5673, as Mikhail has explained.  This allows you to use the RFSG driver and examples that should make your job much easier. 

Sorry if you already know all of this, but it is not clear from you explanations what you are trying to do and what you know.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(6,908 Views)

i will output stream of data from NI PXIe-7965R (Reconfigurable FPGA) , i want to stream this data to the generator 5450 or input this data from the FPGA to the generator 5450. how i can make this using the example.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(6,877 Views)

OK.  I didn't know the NI PXIe-7965R was the source of data. 

I will assume that you have:

-a PXIe-5673e, which consists of 5450, 5611 abd 5652 modules.  The PXIe-5673e uses the NI RFSG driver, which you should install if you haven't already.

-LV FPGA to program the PXIe-7965R

So what you are doing is peer-to-peer (P2P) streaming from the PXIe-7965R to the PXIe-5673e, as described here http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10801/en

Note that you need to have revision C or later of the 5450 in order to perform P2P. 

Attached are 2 examples for RFSG and FlexRIO that you can use as a reference or starting point.

RFSG-FlexRIO Eg1.zip uses just FlexRIO and RFSG (5673)

RFSG-FlexRIO Eg2.zip adds the use of RFSA (5663) analyzer.  This has more commments in the host code.  

There is other example P2P code on ni.com that might help with P2P and FPGA programming beyond the attached examples, but that won't necessarily use RFSG. Search examples and tutorials for P2P and "peer to peer".

Hope this helps.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,860 Views)

RFSG-FlexRIO Eg2 is a suitable example but i have a problem because of i want the IF output from RFSA equal 70MHz so when add the property for IF Filter bypass and intialize RFSA with option it gave me error so i attachemnet with the comment the project after make IF Filter bypass and intilalie RFSA with option please check the project thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,779 Views)

Hi,

What kind of error do you get? Can you reference an error code or attach a screenshot of the error? Do you have the right hardware for the example, RFSG-FlexRIO Eg2.zip? Do you have a VSA, PXIe-5663? Can you list the hardware that you have and also let me know how it's connected. All I currently know is that you have a VSG, PXIe-5673 and a PXIe-7965R. The following demo might also be useful for you: Getting Started Guide for Bit Error Rate Test It uses VSG + FlexRIO + P2P streaming to generate a signal for BER test.

Mikhail
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(6,745 Views)

yes i have the right hardware

first:

PXIe-5663 contains:

5652 installed in slot 5

5601 installed in slot 6

5622 installed in slot 7

second:

PXIe-5673 contains:

5450 installed in slot 12

5611 installed in slot 14

5652 installed in slot 15

third:

PXIe-7965R installed in slot 11

fourth:

PXIe-8133 installed in slot 1

this all modules installed in chassis NI PXIe-1075

and using labview 2010

Note: NI-RFSG PFI 1 must be connected to NI-RFSA PFI 1
         NI-RFSG Clk In must be connected to NI-RFSA Clk Out
         NI-RFSG Clk out on (5450) must be connected to NI-RFSG Ref in on 5652

RF out of RFSG connected to spectrum analyzer (center frequency to 2089MHz)

RF IN of RFSA connected to Signal generator (frequency generated at 2268MHz)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(6,736 Views)

Hi,

It looks like the error you are getting is linked to the calculated power level of the VSG:

gain.png

What is the calculated gain value in your case?

I am currently in the process of putting together all the hardware, to test the code on my end.

Mikhail
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(6,713 Views)