RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5644R Error -373664 (0xFFFA4C600) when performing niRFSG_InitWithOptions

Solved!
Go to solution

The board in question is loading an FPGA bit file which is specified in the option string.  This has worked reliably in the past but now is throwing -373664 (0xFFFA4C60) visa status.  The bit file seems to be in the correct location.  The error reported for this code is "Error opening an FPGA VI reference to the device."  Does this point to an internal problem with the board? Or is this more indicative of software/configuration?

When seperately trying to initiate the board in other ways:

niRFSA_init initializes without issue.

niRFSG_init initalizes without issue.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gberry

More indicative of software configuration. Re-verify the name of the bitfile passed in is correct and the bitfile is in the correct location.

Couple other ideas:

- Using NI IO Trace to see what parameter is actually being received by the driver.

- Try a tool like SysInternals Process Monitor to see what type of IO Operation is being done by the process calling InitWithOptions to see if it is looking for the bitfile in the right location.  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

Message 2 of 4
(3,513 Views)

Thanks for your help. The problem ended up being our software on our system.  I'm still not exactly sure why, but when we attempted to thread out some initialization it seems induce this issue.  I suspect we are losing path information as you suggested.  Unfortunately, I could not get process monitor to run on our system to verify the issue.  Reverting to a simpler version helped identify the problem.

-Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,484 Views)

Good to hear the issue is now resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,472 Views)