Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and Size QD Plugin

Could this be made available for LV 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,247 Views)

Wish I could get this to work on control panels.  Is it possible or does QD only with with VIs?

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,247 Views)

I only have 2011 and 2014 installed.  Perhaps someone can downgrade it for you.

-John
------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,247 Views)

jlokanis wrote:

Wish I could get this to work on control panels.  Is it possible or does QD only with with VIs?

Quick Drop works with all VI types, including Control VIs. The reason this plugin doesn't work is that the MoveObjects method in scripting, which is called by this plugin, returns error 1035 on control VIs. I don't know why that is, seems like it should work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,247 Views)

So, is that a bug or a 'feature'?  If bug, can you submit a CAR for me?

-John
------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,247 Views)

jlokanis wrote:

So, is that a bug or a 'feature'?  If bug, can you submit a CAR for me?

Looks like bug.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,247 Views)

It might be cool to add option to change this one_grid_size distance into eg. one_grid_size*multiplicator when shift pressed.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,247 Views)

Concerning a possible workaround for error 1035 on "Move Objects" when applied to Control VIs

First: As I can't look into the VIs with my latest LV-installation of 2013, my proposal might be nonsense.

Why not iterate over all controls in question with the Control property "Position" instead of using the above mentioned VI method? I illustrate my idea in the attached image.

MoveObjectsInFORloop.png

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,247 Views)