Generic Quick Drop Palette Object Shortcuts

Hello,

I have created QD scrouts for all primitives in LV in fashion:

first letters of consisting words + last word of primitive

so

bundle by name = bbname

get variant attribute = gvattribute

and so on

After while I got used and rarely use palets now.

Filter can be modified as needed to include normal vis in pales.

VIs in attachment. (has OpenG dependencies)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,097 Views)

Was a VI renamed at one point?  QD.vi is missing a VI called Generate Scrouts.vi. 

I think this is good for shortcuts that aren't already defined.  Like "ad1" will always be increment to me, but I don't have a shortcut for "To String" and "tstring" works pretty well.  Are there any cases where there are duplicates?

Also this does create many shortcuts, is the performance of QD effected by having all of these many of which I will probably never use?

EDIT: Oh I see the remove duplicates, which will pick the first instance of a duplicate key and use it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,176 Views)

Missing calls should be fied now.

Ad1. Duplicates propably will happen sometimes like string constant vs space constant, that is the only one that I have had problem with that because I use more string constant than space constant. When duplicate happens I select primitive that is used more often.

Ad2. There is no QD performance drop as far as I can see.  Initialise time may be longer but that is all.

When I have been doing a lot of signal processing I have added scrouts from Signal Processing palette. It reduces time but onlz when You know all function names

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,176 Views)