From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is wi-fi affecting file storage on RT

Hi ,
I have a LabVIEW application running on start-up on cRIO 9014. My application is to obtain the position values from encoder. I am saving the values in a txt file created in ni-rt/Store folder. I am using a cross-over cable to connect cRIO and the host PC. My program is running fine.
But couple of days back we had wi-fi enabled in the host PC and due to this my program is not storing the file. The ftp transfer from RT to host which is done programmatically is also not working. Why is the wireless connection affecting the file part.

When i disable the wireless, i do not have any problem with storing and retrieving the file. I have blocked the Firewall as well.
What settings do i have to change for my cRIO program to work with the wireless enabled and cRio is connected to host with crossover cable.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,980 Views)
This probably occurs because your computer maybe using the Wireless Adapter as the preferred adapater. Try changing your Windows Network settings to change the order in which the network adapters are accessed. You can do this by going to Network Connections>>Advanced>> Advanced Settings and moving up your LAN adapter in the connections order.

I hope this helps!

Mehak D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,948 Views)

Hi MehakD

I changed the order of the network adapter as you suggested and now there is no problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,938 Views)