PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i find the chassis file for import in MAX for drawing connection diagram before purchasing

Solved!
Go to solution

where can i find the chassis file for import in MAX for drawing connection diagram before purchasing

chassis: NI PXIe-1078

ini file to import in MAX

see attachement

thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,263 Views)

Dear kdCMC, 

I can't see the purpose of this. Which drawing connection diagram are you referring to?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,157 Views)

Hey,

i want to draw the entire connection diagram of the test system between the NI PXI cards and our pinbed.

Then, it's nice to have the pinout diagram of the PXI card.

If You don't have the PXI setup, You need to enter it as simulated in MAX to have, for most of the cards, an easy reference to the pinout diagram, which i use in MS xls to draw connections. otherwise, You need to search for it in the NI website, which is time consuming.

regards,

Koen.

p.s.: i did it for a PXI mux with success. at first, i wanted to enter in MAX simulation my entire PXI setup, inclusive chassis....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,155 Views)

Dear Koen,

Sorry if I don't see it, but there isn't that much information about the chassis in MAX.
The ini files will be generated when the system detects the chassis. In case of a third party or custom alt. one have the option to add those ini-files.

regards

/Lars

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,145 Views)

Hello again,

ok, thx. but say You want to write already your code for the NI hw that will come in, or you want to support your setup which is running elsewhere, then, don't you need the ini file for full simulation mode?

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,143 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kdCMC

Hi again Koen, 

Unfortunately you can't simulate a full PXI system, hence we don't have the option to simulate a PXI controller unit. The simulation you can do is to setup the cards you intend to use in you.

regards 
Lars

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,131 Views)