From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find software (labview) to turn an embedded controller into a listener

I want to use my PXI equipement into a replacement for some other instrument
after I develope the labview code on my desk computer I would like to put it on the imbedded controller and have it act as if it where and instrument (it is an instrument) this means responding to gpib commands like any other instrument

(I have tried to download the instrument simulator as a starting point however for some reason Iam not able to download any thing from the ni web site)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,850 Views)
Hi Rusty,

If you are having trouble downloading from our website, first I would make sure you are logged into the website. Most downloads require that you are logged in, you can create a login here. Once you get the instrument simulator downloaded and installed. You can reference the Ni-488.2 user manual for more advice on programing a listener. Simply, you will need to unselect "system controller" in Measurement and Automation Explorer then read the bus. I hope this helps you get started.

Cheers,
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,833 Views)