PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unit accelerometer

Hi.
I have a problem with units in measuring the acceleration. I builted application with LabView 7.1 and I could normaly measure acceleration in meter/ square seconds. Than I changed the computer and install all software that need: LabView, Sound and vibration tookit and all device drivers. It is the same version of software that on the first computer installed from same CD.

Problem is that I can't chose units meter/square seconds when I create a virtual channel in DAQmx. I choose Analog Input Aceleration measuring but only possibility that it offers me for units choose is g or From costume scale. I know that I coud cinver g units to m/s^2 but it's easier thet way.
Application is the same as before I changed the computer I install software.

Tkank you

Best regards Urban
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,869 Views)

Urban,

I’m not aware that DAQmx had m/s^2 as a built in option. I suspect that on your previous system you may have had a custom scale defined for this. Any way, that is the route I would suggest.  You can create custom scale right in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) make the adjustment for m/s^2, and then use that scale. That way it is completely transparent to your LabVIEW program. Any way, that is what I would recommend and I would also recommend putting in a product suggestion for adding in m/s^2 as a built in option. You can do that at the following website. Hope that helps out!!

-GDE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,847 Views)
Hi!
I used the solution as you suggested and it works. I created a costume scale for m/s^2 with LabView New Scale (DAQ Assistant).

Thank you for your help.

Urban
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,830 Views)