PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch 2520

Hi All,

I have few voltage signals to measure programatically from DUT but only one channel to measure i.e DMM PXI-4071 card, now i am using a PXI-2520 card to switch the voltage signals on after the other.

Any one suggest me how i have to do wiring among DUT signals to PXI-2520 and PXI-4071.  

thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,566 Views)

To be completely honest, you are using the wrong type of switching card for your application.  What you really should use is something like the PXI-2575 with the 98x1 2-wire configuration.  You would just wire up the DMM to the common channel and then all of your signals to the switched channels.  From there you just tell the drivers which channel you want to read from and it makes that connection while breaking all of the others.

If you insist on using your PXI-2520, you will have to wire up the DMM to every single output channel and make sure you disconnect all channels before connecting up one to read.  The last thing you want to do is accidentally short out two channels by making a DMM measurement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,558 Views)

let me check the above mentioned wiring. now how i have to make PXI-4071 in series to measure current through PXI-2520 Switch module.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,533 Views)