From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subvi opens at startup

How do I keep a subvi from opening when I start my main (top level) vi ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,968 Views)

Two things,

Do not select the "show front panel when called" option in the 'sub VI node set up'.( On lock diagram, Right click on the sub VI's icon to get this option)

Or,  keep this sub VI inside a Boolean case structure and open it using a boolean control whenever you require it.( Boolean is a suggestion, But keep in mind that you can use any of following as input/control for case structure: string, integer, boolean)

hope this helps

Regards

Dev

Message 2 of 3
(2,966 Views)
Hello,

The subVI node setup could be the issue, or the VI's properties.  It sounds as though you may have the "Show front panel when loaded" property set (which would cause the front panel to open when the subVI is loaded into memory, which is when the top level VI is loaded into memory - you can programmatically load VIs into memory by calling them by reference using VI Server, but that's a different issue altogether), but you can change that and many other properties for the VI as follows:

1. open the subVI
2. click File -> VI Properties (or type CTRL+I) to launch the properties dialog box
3. choose the Window Appearance category in the drop down menu
4. click the Customize... button
5. See the attached screenshot for the relevant properties (I think you want these to be unchecked)

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

JLS

Message Edited by JLS on 04-14-2006 03:04 PM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,958 Views)