cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start pxi vi from host

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm sure this question has a very simple answer, I just can't find out what it is.  I'm trying to set up a DAQ process on a PXI system.  I am using a vi on the host PC to control the DAQ vi on the PXI target.  How do I cause the host vi to deploy and start the PXI without me having to do it manually?

Also, can anyone point me to a tutorial on basic RT/PXI programming?  Once again I've looked but can't find anything beyond the "this is how to set up your PXI system" stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,363 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenS

GlenS wrote:

How do I cause the host vi to deploy and start the PXI without me having to do it manually?

Do you mean setting it up as startup? I am not sure of the issue you are facing but would recommend having a look at the following articles:

How Do I Deploy a Startup Executable to my Real-Time Controller?
How Do I Start my Real-Time Application without setting it as a Startup Executable?

As for finding tutorials, try to search on the NI website using keywords like 'tutorial real time':

Getting Started with the LabVIEW Real-Time Module

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,360 Views)
Thanks for that.  I know the question was very basic and I was sure there had to be an answer somewhere, it's just that the only tutorials I could find were about installing PXI hardware.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,358 Views)

I think it worth mentioning that I searched using exactly those keywords (and previously many others besides) and no matter where I search from (NI home page, NI Developer Zone) I cannot find the "Getting Started with the LabVIEW Real-Time Module" tutorial (which is the one I needed) in the first two pages of search results.  This has been a consistent problem for me when trying to solve problems - it's very difficult to find relevant tutorials/examples and so the only way to get answers to very basic questions is to post to this forum, which I'm sure bugs the engineers who probably have real work to do.  NI would do very well to make their tutorials more accessible and complete.

Thanks for the help anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,338 Views)