PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous DAQ access from labview

I would like to set up 2 systems on a single PXI chassis/controller.

both systems will monitor 4 channels.  System 1 will use channels 1-4 and system 2 will use 5-8.  Since these systems are to be completely independent of each other, I plan to make two separate LabVIEW executables.

Will both executables be able to simultaneously monitor the DAQmx config?  Are there any pitfalls I need to watch out for?

I am using LV 8.5 and the latest DAQmx.  I don't have hardware available for me to try this, hence I am posting.  Smiley Wink

Thanks!
Charlie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,097 Views)
Charlie,

This is a very achievable, but there are a few things to be aware of: Most National Instruments DAQ cards can only have one acquisition task at a time, due to the fact that all of the channels share a D/A converter. So since you plan to have two independent tasks you have two options. First, is to have more than one DAQ card, that way you could have an individual task on each card. The other option is use a simultaneous acquisition DAQ card, these cards are capable of having separate tasks for each channel of the card.

This is fairly general overview, once you know the exact cards in your system I will be happy to help you with more specific questions you may have.
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,091 Views)