From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sanitize 7833R

Does anyone know of an approved method of sanitizing a PXI-7833R? We need to remove any proprietary information from the board so thatit can be removed from a secure lab.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,775 Views)

The only source of non-volatile memory on the FPGA is the flash. The document linked below discusses how to Erase the FPGA flash memory:

Erasing FPGA Flash Memory

Any other type of memory should be cleared by simply cycling power to the card. If you want to verify that the bitfile has been cleared, you can follow these steps:

1) Deploy a "blank" bitfile to the fpga with the bitfile set to run when downloaded
By "blank" I mean a bitfile that has just 1 front panel indicator on it so you can check that the bitfile is deployed.

2) Have the host open reference, but do not "run" 

3) Check the front panel read/write indicator.
4) If it reads successfully, then you know that your FPGA has the "blank" vi on it (i.e. it has been cleared of all other information except this "blank" VI).

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,757 Views)

Thank You. I appreciate it very much.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3