PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rack mount

Hi -

I need some physical information on the PXI-1042 rack mount kits (both front and rear) that I can't find. How deep a rack will I be able to put the Chassis in and use these mounts? I can't tell how long they are and how stable it will be if I have to mount them on the very ends. My equipment will be in a roll around 15U rack, and it will be moved, so I want it to be unmovable.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,066 Views)
Hi DeeLynch,
The front rack mount kit bracket is about 7 inches long and the rear rack mount kit is about 7.75 inches long.  These are estimates and not the exact values, but very close.  I have attached the installation guides for both.  As you can see in both documents, you can install the chassis safely up to 4 inches back or forward, so it is not recommended to put the chassis on the very ends.  The kits come with the screws, so use as many screws as possible for maximum stability.  You may be able to stabilize it with some additional support, but what I have said above is what is recommended by National Instruments. 

I hope this answers your question, but let me know if it didn't or if you have any others!  Have a great day!
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,057 Views)