PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxisys and pxiesys files getting corrupted at windows startup

Hi

We are using NI PXI 1075 and NIPXI 8135 controller. Lately the MXA is not showing up the CHASIS in devices section. Upon doing further research online I found out that it has to do something with the pxisys and pxiesys files. When I try to open these files something doesn’t look correct, these files seems to be corrupted (screenshot attached). While I compared these files with the working PXI I see that these files contain lot more information than this.

I tried editing these files manually referring to the working PXI and then MXA is able to recognize the chassis. But if we restart the PXI they get the same old corrupted file. I tried many things - reinstalling/repairing the NI SWs and drivers but no use.

If anyone has seen a similar problem please share the solutions and approach taken, it would be really helpful for all of us.

Vamsi9996

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,194 Views)

Hi Vamsi,

What happened in your system to change the behavior of your system? Where did you find that out that your problem occured due to corrupt pxisys and pxiesys files? 

What is your MXA model and make? Did you change anything about that configuration that caused it to change and no longer show up? Can you confirm if the controller can even see the MXA file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,172 Views)

Hi Roxana

In The NI Instruments MXA software we dont see 1075 and 8135 hardware. But if I replace these PXI ini files from a working station MSA starts to recognize the hardware.

If you ask me what triggered this, even we are not sure. This happened after we reloaded the computer to a previous backup image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,170 Views)

Hello,

By MXA, do you mean MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer)? 

Have you reinstalled the PXI Platform Services? Are you SMBus drivers up to date?

What is this old image that you reinstalled? Is it Windows 7 Embedded? Could you explain more about your system? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,166 Views)

Yes by MXA  I meant  Measurements and Automation Explorer.

I have also tried reinstalling platform services (v 14.0), beacuse this is the version that our other tersters are using.

The old image is from windows7 platform, so technically both (working an non wrking) are idetical to each other.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,159 Views)

Hello,

Could you provide a screenshot of what you see in NI MAX? 

Have you tried delete the .ini files and restarting your system? The .ini files should get recreated when your system is rebooted. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,151 Views)

Hi Roxana

Please find the screenshots of NI-MAX view and pxie files from tester08 (Known Good Tester) and tester 101 (Bad Tester). Hope this helps to debug the problem.

Thanks
Vamsi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,143 Views)

Attaching pxie files of 08 Tester (Good one)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,142 Views)

It sounds like you have it working with the other .ini files. Could you use those? 

Did you ever delete the .ini files and have them refreshed when you started your system up again? 

When do they get recreated, are the files fixed or are they still like the bad ones? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,104 Views)

Hi Roxana

Here are my answers to this.

It sounds like you have it working with the other .ini files. Could you use those?  - I tried using them but it if I restart my machine the ini files gets corrupted again.

Did you ever delete the .ini files and have them refreshed when you started your system up again? - Tried deleting the ini files and rebooting , new ini files are generated but they are corrupt again.

When do they get recreated, are the files fixed or are they still like the bad ones? Each time the machine is restarted they get corrupted and then MXA will not recognize the chassis and the controller.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,102 Views)