cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxie 8108 does not boot with new hard disk

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm currently using PXIe 8108 with PXIe-1062Q.

The previous hard disk was borken so I had to install a new hard disk.

The new hard disk is fommatted as NTFS format, and it is currently mounted on 8108.

Unfortunately I don't have recovery disk avaialble so I'm trying to install Windows 7 on empty hard disk.

When you boot, the PWK OK LED light is on all the time, DRIVE orange LED is on for few seconds only when I turn the switch on.

Labview RT switches are all off, I cleared CMOS many times from the board but, the screen shows nothing.

I have tried use my DVI monitor with other device as well, and it worked so there is no problem with the monitor.

In addition, I tried to go to window safe mode by pressing F8 or Del it didn't work, so I see nothing on the screen when its booted up.

I tried to put as much information I can it will be very appreciated if you can help me with this issue please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,419 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author garam9201

You said you can't get into Windows safe mode, have you installed Windows on the hard drive?  Are you able to get into the BIOS for the controller?  

If you aren't able to access the BIOS for the controller, it may be due to bad RAM.  If you are comfortable installing RAM and you have some extra laptop RAM of the same type (I think it's DDR3 for your controller) laying around, you can try swapping out the RAM.

Was your hard drive damaged through some event, or did it just stop working?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,383 Views)