PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi arbitrary waveform generators compatible with the ssb generation vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Need to use the SSB Generation vi, what Arb. Waveform Gens. will work for the PXI system? 54xx?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,816 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author groundflight5150

Here is a list of our Arbitrary Waveform Generators that this vi should work with:

NI 5411, 5412, 5421, 5432, 5441, 5442, 5450 and 5451

Rachel P. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,750 Views)

Thank you,

I have a problem with the sub vi listed as the second objective, it says it been moved or deleated. Can you help? What goes there? I downloaded the vi from NI and expected it to work I really need this to function as i should.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,580 Views)
Solution

Instead of downloading it from our website, I would recommend opening it directly from the Example Finder in LabVIEW. You can find this Example VI by doing the following in LabVIEW:

Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-FGEN >> Modulation Toolkit >> MT niFgen AM-SSB Signal Generation.vi

In case you don't have the modulation toolkit driver, here is our most recent version:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-modulation-toolkit-15.0/5370/en/

Rachel P. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,558 Views)

Thank you,

The vi loaded properly with all components but when activated another error occured:

Error: 1073807343 occurred at nifgen initialize .vi

Possible reason:

Insufficent location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

My pxi 1000B passes all tests, as well as the pxi 5421, and pxi 5401 in NIMAX all self tests, calibrations, and test panels and the active lights are lit.

I cant find anything in help for this malfunction. Can you help?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,519 Views)
Solution

The error indicates the correct name was not used when calling the fgen. When you set up the task in LabVIEW, what are you selecting for the device. It needs to look like your device does in MAX (eg. PXI1Slot4).

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,473 Views)

Thank you,

The error was PXI1slot2 it needed 2_2. Now mic imput and wave file imput and it will be finished. The vi is working perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,461 Views)