PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 6221 daq card

sir ,
presently i am on pxi1 1010 platform in which  pxi 6221 multi function daq card is having an internal dc offest of 0.38 v
 which is appearing in  all the signals , and the NI elvis oscilloscope is not measuring the correct  rms values of signals.
how to make this offset to zero and why there is a discrepency in the measurement of rms values .
please reply as early as possible
thanking you

Deepak Kumar
M.Tech , Power and Energy Systems
NITK SURATHKAL
MANGALORE
INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,863 Views)
Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

I believe I have seen this issue before, and it can be resolved by installing the latest version of NI ELVIS (currently 2.0.5).

--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,848 Views)
Hi,
One of my ex-colleagues has installed a NI-DAQ6.5 in our system. I deleted the account and all his files in the system. When I am trying to install version8.0, its not getting installed and giving me a message that I should uninstall the previous version by going to Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

I tried doing that, but the "Change/Remove" button does not seem to work...[There is no response]

[and so unable to install the new version...]

Any idea how can this problem be solved?

It is a windowsXP operating system with SP2 installed on a machine with P4 processor.

Thanks

Edit/Delete Message
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,665 Views)
Hi,

NI-DAQ 6.5 is a version of the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers; however, version 8.0 is of the NI-DAQmx drivers.  I am unsure why there is an installation error with these being two different sets of drivers.  The latest version of the NI-DAQmx drivers is 8.3.1 and can be downloaded here.  If you are intending to use the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers, the latest version is 7.4.1 and they can be downloaded here.  Download the latest version of whichever drivers you are using for your application and see if the error is still present when trying to install.

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,652 Views)
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, though they are of different family [One is a Tradional DAQ and the other being a DAQmax], It did not allow me to install the newer version...I do not know the reason...but here is what I did I ran "regedit" and deleted some of the files related to the previous version in the HKEY and restarted it. And it has allowed me to install the newer versoin!!

Thanks for your reply though!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,634 Views)