PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-1033 not detected

I have a PXI-1033 chassis connected to a Windows 7 64-bit PC using the MXI bridge.  This system had been working for more than one year, but suddenly after a computer reboot the chassis is no longer recognized.   In Windows Device Manager the PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge is present twice, once on slot 9 and once on slot 5.  Slot 5 is where the MXI card is installed.  

I have tried the standard Shutdown PC, switch off PXI chassis, switch on PXI chassis, Boot PC.  The chassis is still not present in MAX. (5.5.0f0) but the configuration is there with a little black X over the chassis and the chassis status: Error 0XFFFB388B - This chassis was present previously, but it is no longer present in your system.  Troubleshoot the problem, or if this is intentional, you may delete this chassis.

The chassis power lights are on, and the link light is green.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taner

Message 1 of 10
(8,560 Views)

Hello Tanner,

What version of PXI Platform Services are you running? This can be found in MAX under the Software section

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,499 Views)

Hello,

I have the same issue. PXI-1033 was worked good with my laptop for quite some time. But suddently today, the chassis is not detected from my laptop. I see the link light glow green though. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

A Senthilnathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,396 Views)

PXI Platform Services 3.2.1 is used.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,395 Views)

Please try to update to PXI Platform Services 4.0. The Link to the download is below:

Link:

http://www.ni.com/download/pxi-platform-services-4.0/4353/en/

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,389 Views)

Why does the platform services version matter?  My unit was working fine and then stopped.  If the services version can cause a working piece of equipment to not work anymore perhaps there should be a compatibility list of mininum versions for each hardward piece.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,381 Views)

MXI card should be installed in the controller slot (slot 1) . Let me know if that solves the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,368 Views)

Not for a PXI-1033 chassis. The MXI connector is embedded on the back of the chassis.

See page 1-4 http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371991c.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,904 Views)

Hi

Did you menage to solve the issue? I have a similar problem myself.

Ni MAX have been detecting my PXIe 1078 chassis and most of the modules installed. However, two 6341 cards ware not identified, and I had to update my NI-DAQmx drivers to verison 16.0. Aftter rebooting my system after installation of the drivers, chassis was no longer to find in NI MAX, and it's modules ware not present in device menager.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,456 Views)

I was able to solve the problem by changing the MXI bridge card slot in my computer.  Apparently one of my PCI slots is intermittent.  However, I also needed to boot the PXI chassis before the computer was turned on.  Apparently something about PCI requires identification on boot up, so unlike USB you cannot add the device to an already running computer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,448 Views)