PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 1033 controller not identified

I have a PXI 1033 chassis with a PXI 6133 S module installed, controlled from a Dell Vostro laptop by a PCI express card. The laptop is running Windows XP. I had a LabView vi that used this digitizer, but the digitizer is no longer recognized. In MAX, the controller is unidentified. I have tried restarting the chassis and then rebooting the computer. Everything was working previously, and nothing had been changed, except for Windows updates. Do I have a hardware problem that needs repair? Is there some way around this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,644 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your post.  I would download the latest BIOS package for your laptop from the Dell website.  Let me know if that doesn't work.  Thanks again for your post!

Regards,

Todd V. 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,635 Views)

Todd,

I'll try that. Until then, I did find a workaround; the digitizer is recognized as a NI-DAQmx device, even though the controller isn't recognized, so I was able to digitize. I don't know if other functions will work.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,633 Views)

Hi Tom,

It looks like we'll need to identify and configure the chassis in MAX.  Refer to pages 2-14 and 2-15 in the PXI-1033 Manual.  Let me know if this works for you!

Regards,

Todd V. 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,616 Views)
I couldn't find the controller description for the controller on the 1033 chassis, so I had to download the latest version of the PXI platform services. The most recent version had the controller description, so I was able to identify the controller.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,606 Views)