From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product life

Good day,

This is a general question and I wasn't sure where to post it.

I have the following products :

• PXI-8431,8 CHANNEL,RS-485 SERIAL
  • PXI-8421,SERIAL,RS-485,8 PORT
  • MODULE ASSEMBLY,NI PXI-2569
  • SCB-68 Noise Rejecting, Shielded I/O Connector Block
  • NI PXI-8186 P4 2.2 GHz Controller with Windows XP
  • NI PXI-6259 (32 Analog Inputs, 48 Digital I/O, 4 Analog Outputs)
  • SCC-68 I/O Connector with 4 SCC Module Slots
  • NI PXI-2569 100 Channel Form A Relay Module
  • CHASSIS ASSEMBLY, PXI-1042

My question is for how many years NI is planning to make these products.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,326 Views)

Hi Abasani,

I understand that you would like to know how many years NI plans to make your products. There is no definite answer to this question. NI strives to provide the latest technology so there are changes in what we produce. We try to make products available for extended periods of time but due to component availability this is not always possible. Backwards compatibility is also something that we try to maintain, so changes in hardware will have minimum impact on your system. I am sorry that I can not give you anything more specific but I hope that this helps you.

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,304 Views)

Good day Krista,

I am building a test station for production line.

Our product life is 10 years.

So I need to know if I'll have Support for the next 10 Years for those components.

Regards

Abasani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,295 Views)
Hi Abasani,

I understand that you would like to insure that these products will be around and supported in the future. There is no way that we can predict what we will be producing then. Also NI cannot commit to making a product that far into the future. We make particular products as long as we have the necessary components to do so- and also have market demand for the particular products. Another point is that  when we end of life(EOL) a product we typically have a replacement product that is usually a superset of the EOL product. We do not guarantee this- but it is our history, and our plan for the future.

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,258 Views)