PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pll was unlocked 200007

We are going to use the laboratory complex of Modern wireless networks, which contains of PXI-1075e, Vector Signal Generator NI PXIe-5673E and Vector Signal Analyzer NI PXIe-5663E, for teaching students.

But there is a problem. When I want to run a lab “Measurement error of modulation GSM”, an error occurs when I press the button “measure”. It means “Attention. Wrong settings of analyzers. Enter the correct settings and repeat the measurement”. Others labs also do not want to work correctly.

Although, the setting of analyzers and of generator are correct on the instructions manual. The output of Generator and input of Analyzer are not connected by wire, but I use the antennas. Also the LED indicators Active and Access are flashing red when I’m using the device.

The result of self-test for digitizer NI 5622 is on the screen below.

PLL.jpg

Also the flashing LED indicator Red may indicate a conflict device drivers and the phase out of sync.

I did a standard test of version program and firmware. The version of the program GSM/EDGE Generator and Analyzer Toolkit are 1.1.1 and active . The firmware version of NI RFSG and NI RFSA is 2.7.

I understand that the problem is the unlocked PLL, but I am new to using the NI devices and I did not have such a big problem before. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,065 Views)

Hello Fosfor,

Thank you for all of the information you provided. Could you please post an NI MAX Technical Support Report? It will help with troubleshooting your drivers. Here is how to create one: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

What are the LEDs doing when you aren't using the device?

When you are using the device, the LEDs are both flashing continuously?

What is your lab 'Measurement error of Modulation GSM'? Is that your code and can you upload it?

Are you able to run any RFSA examples VIs from the NI Example Finder?

In my internal documentation, I found an issue with our older RFSA / NI-Scope drivers where the NI PXIe-5622 digitizer may incorrectly report a warning that the PLL came unlocked or may experience initial accuracy issues. "When using the NI PXIe-5622 digitizer in a RF vector signal analyzer session with NI-RFSA, you may receive a warning that the PLL came unlocked or that the first measurements may have accuracy issues. This issue appears after a device reset or a clock configuration change. Workaround: Add a delay of at least 700 ms after a device reset or a clocking configuration change." 

I want to check your version of NI-SCOPE, as the clock primitive update logic is supposed to have been fixed starting in NI-SCOPE 3.8.7.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,013 Views)