From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtaining correct pxisys.ini file for pxi-1006 chassis and pxi-8105 controller

I have not been able to find the a pxisys.ini file for the pxi-1006 chassis and pxi-8105 controller combination. Can someone point me to it, or to an equivalent file? Currently my chassis is identified in MAX 4.1 as a pxi-1000B and my cards do not appear in the correct slots in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,579 Views)
Hello mrclary,

You can have Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) automatically configure the pxisys.ini file for you.  The Knowlegebase Configuring Your PXI System in MAX 3.x and Above shows you how to do this. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,572 Views)
Meghan, thank you for replying. I have read that knowledge base already, so perhaps I should describe my problem in more detail. I am using a PXI-8105 controller with a PXI-1006 chassis. I have only recently begun using this chassis, and the controller is brand new, so I am just trying to get all the settings correct. My chassis has been identified as a PXI-1000B and normal data acquisition operations have seemed to work properly. However, I noticed that in Devices & Interfaces in MAX my DAQ cards are listed in incorrect slots. I changed the identification of my chassis to PXI-1006 and now the chassis tree in MAX has an exclamation icon and the info reads "This chassis has been identified but is not described in the pxisys.ini for this system." The controller is identified correctly, the pxisys.ini file has read/write permissions (Windows XP) and there are no other pxisys.ini files on my computer. I thought that maybe something was wrong with the pxisys.ini file. Do you have any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,559 Views)
Hello mrclary,

You should try unidentifying the chassis and the controller in Measurement & Automation Explorer and then going through the steps in the knowledgebase above again.  Just reidentifying the chassis wouldn't be the best way to do this. 

If that does not work, I'd recommend contacting National Instruments Support

Meghan
Applications Engineer

Message Edited by Meghan R on 04-11-2007 09:18 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,549 Views)