PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no device (resources) after updating drivers (and returning to the previous version)

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, I use LabView 2012 Sp1 (under Win7) and PXI rack contains several power + measuring units: PXI4110, 2x PXI-4130, 2x PXI-4132 and a few more other cards. Recently I install two extra PXIe-4138, so I updated NI DCPower drivers from rev1.9 to rev 15.2 (the last supporting the old LV-2012). First, I lost "Front Panel" for all power modules (under MAX), so after couple of days I returned to my old drivers. Now I have back the "Front Panel" but it looks and acts different what i had before. The second, I can't associate card with code (as selectable resources are empty). I still can run my old VI, but I can't select any other power unit as an input resource. I'd appreciate all suggestions how to fix this driver(?) problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ajax27

Hi Ajax,

Thanks for the screenshots and detailed explanation of your issue.

It appears that during these changes, your MAX database likely became corrupt. I would recommend exporting your current MAX configuration to a known location, resetting the MAX database, and then reimporting your configuration file.

Export/Import (Save) the System Configuration in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0E0D3D7C4AA8903886256B29000C9D5A

(It's important that you export your configuration, as resetting the MAX database will clear any tasks, channels, device names etc… that have been created)

What Is the Process for Resetting the MAX Database?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Reset the MAX database and reboot your computer. Ideally your devices will be recognized as a SCOPE device. Importing your configuration file will return the tasks, channels, device names, etc… as they were.

Regards,

Finch Train

Message 2 of 4
(2,477 Views)

Hi Finch Train,

I really appreciate your fast response and all your help.

Resetting MAX database fixed all problems with MAX and LabView, and now everything works fine.

I even updated NI-DCPower drivers to the version 15.2 with no issues at all.

Regards,

ajax27 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,467 Views)

Hi Ajax,

Glad to hear it. Thanks for marking the post as solved, as it will help future users experiencing similar issues.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)