PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niRFSA

Hi all

Whlie I am using the  niRFSA I got this error, could any one help me to solve this problem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,991 Views)

Hello,

I am Ed from National Instruments Applications Engineering. I'm happy to assist you with the issue you are experiencing. First I would like to gather further information to understand what it is your application is trying to achieve so I have a few questions given below:

What is the RFSA driver version?

What hardware is being used?

What operating system and architecture are you using?

What is the environmental conditions that the hardware is operating in?

From what I have found in my research thus far, the article linked below describes this status code as an issue with calibration and provides some steps in your coding to prevent this issue further. Could you please perform the steps suggested in the article below, alternatively, the issue may alleviate if you instead perform the self-calibration in NI MAX:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3A89A2325AE74A37862578EE005D40AE?OpenDocument

I hope that this is helpful and you are successful in your application.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,942 Views)

Hi Ed, 

the problem is solved, thank you for your attention. 

I would like to ask you about the Calibration. I was checking the receivers and I found that there is a different between each other. do you know what is the best solution for that. please see the  attached picture. 

thank you very much for your attention  

best regards

Thoalfukar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,815 Views)

Hi,

Well this could be something hardware specific, in order to be able to advise you in this regard I will need answers to the questions in my initial post to provide me with context.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,812 Views)

Hi, 

I am using NI PXIe-5601   model 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,807 Views)

hi, 

operating system is window7, using Labview 2013  

The RFSA is  used lab with temperature 21 c 

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,803 Views)

Hi Ed, 

I am still waiting for your kind reply. I am not sure if my answers about the specification were in the right way.

Thank you

best regards

Thoalfukar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,735 Views)

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response. With regards to the operating temperature, I was rather referring specifically to the device itself:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BC569FCAA2ABB3D5862572D000507C3B?OpenDocument

Similarly from what I can ascertain, the 5601 is a downconverter. What digitiser is actually inputting the signals?

With regards to why there would be a difference in noise, I would believe that this could be due to that the hardware circuitry which makes up the device will not be identical to another manufactured device. This is due to that we live in a far from "perfect" universe in which processes cannot be repeated in an identical manner in physics. For instance, Pauli Exclusion Principle as found in the link below.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pauli.html

The below document describes insertion loss which relates to my paragraph above in that the attenuation methodology uses hardware circuits which utilise the behaviour of electrons.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472G-01/switch/bandwidth/

Similarly EMF in the fascinity will not be constant and thus will produce differences in noise.

Could you please provide context to the graph you had attached, is PM-R1 the Power meter or the second receiver's input?

What are the configured inputs for the receivers? such as Reference Level, Attenuation, Carrier frequency, bandwidth and so forth.

This thread was originally regarding the error code that you were receiving which was resolved by calibration. As such my suggestion to perform this step should be set to the solution so that other users of the community who have similar issues and find this thread can quickly navigate to and identify this for their benefit. For seperate queries/issues a new thread should be made so as to keep them in an organised manner for the community to also, easily navigate and find solutions.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,728 Views)

Hi Ed, 

Thank you so much for your kind reply, 

regading to context of the graph I had attached in the previous comment, the PM is the powert meter reading while

R1 : receiver 1 

R2 : receiver 2

R3: receiver  3 

R4 : receiver 4 

I used the power meter to check the receivers. if you notice that readings of the R1 and the Power meter are nearly the same while the others are different. 

thank you

Best Regards

Thoalfukar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,719 Views)

Hello Thoalfukar,

A few further questions based on some research I have performed:

1. How are you using the receiver, through Soft Panels or LabVIEW?

2. Also, I have requested that the 5601 is a downconverter, not a digitiser, what digister/generator is being used in conjunction with the downconverter to interpret the signal? I have seen that this has occured in the past with a 5601 in conjunction with a PXIe-5652, this was potentially a driver issue.

3. What version of NI-RFSA do you have installed? To determine what version of software you have installed, you can follow the article below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2266B58A5061E86A8625758C007A4FE3?OpenDocument

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,685 Views)