From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niRFSA error codes

When the function niRFSA_ReadPowerSpectrumF64 times out, it returns an error code of 0xFFFA4E87 (-373113).  niRFSA_error_message interprets the error code correctly ("The maximum time was exceeded before the operation completed"), but I was expecting a code of NIRFSA_ERROR_MAX_TIME_EXCEEDED (0xBFFA4002, -1074118654) instead, based on the values in niRFSAErrors.h, or possibly VI_ERROR_TMO (0xBFFF0015, -1073807339).  I'm using version 15.0.0.49153 of niRFSA.dll.

Is there a list of the "real" error codes for the RFSA DLL available anywhere?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,660 Views)

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a list of error codes for the RFSA driver and I am also not sure what you mean with "real" error codes.

May I ask, why you were exspecting an error from a different function? The error code you get looks correct for me in a time-out case.

Andreas Jost

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,633 Views)

It would be useful to know what error codes the various RFSA functions return.  Am I right in thinking that the error codes in the file niRFSAErrors.h are not correct for the current version of the driver?  If so, is there anywhere I can find the current codes?

When you say "The error code you get looks correct for me", where did you get that information from?  That's the information I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,629 Views)

I think, I understand you better now.

Every software/driver comes with it's own range of errors, specific for this part of the program. Upon that there are more generic error codes, which are used by several/all drivers. In the niRFSAErrors.h are only the RFSA errors specified.

The -373113 looks like a more generic error (different error code range than the ones in the RFSA) so I would exspect it to be specified at a different location. However, where this is I am not able to tell you - this can be everywhere on your computer and I cannot provide you with a complete list of all possible errors you might get.

My statement that the error code looks "correct" to me, was based on the fact, that you were expecting a time-out error and you got a time-out error.

Andreas Jost

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,610 Views)