From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring waveforms through shared variables

Dear All,
I am trying to measure 4 waveforms from a signal generator, I am transferring the waveforms through a shared variable on my host.vi from the target.vi. But the signal is not coming as it is. I am attaching some screen shots, I have tried changing the parameters of the shared variable but it does seem to help. I am also confused about the options that become active when click theI check box  of the "use buffering" option.
The screen shots are zipped.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,626 Views)
Dear Munir Afzal Bhatti,

Could you please send me your project with the host and target VI in a zip file.

Thanks
Nicolas Pasquier | AE | National Instrument
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,584 Views)
Thanks a lot Nick, I have got the problem solved about the shared variables.But maybe you could answer another question for me. I am saving all  the waveforms in .dat and .bin format. I am also able to read the file. I want to view the waveforms from each channel in a differnet oscilloscope. How is this possible? I am using 1D-array of double 64-bit real-15bit precision
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,575 Views)

Dear Munir Afzal Bhatti,

Yes it is possible to view the waveform from each channel in a different scope.

You can use the ExpressVI Select Signal as shown in the example Select Signals.vi
PS: for example, this is work well when you use the ExpressVI ´Read from Measurement File´ to read your data.

Best regards,
Nicolas Pasquier | AE | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,572 Views)
Dear Nick ,
I am sending the program in zip format including the files of the waveforms that I have saved. I used the select signal express VI but it does not seem to select the different waveforms. There are two .dat files. One contains  all  the  4 channels and the other contains  1  channel.
Thank you for the really fast response.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,569 Views)

Dear  Munir Afzal Bhatti,

Just for information, this would be a new case. So, for next time, I suggest you to post a new request and to give the solution how you solve your problem “Measuring waveforms through shared variables” because it is a forum to share knowledge.

By the way, you need anyway to read all channels and then to sort which one do you want to view. For that, you could use the array functions.

Best regards,

Nick_CH

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,550 Views)