PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I make PXIe1073 work with Window7

I have a PXIe1073 chassis with PXIe-6259 M-series DAQ inserted. I connected it to the Window 7 Notebook PC through PCIe8361 on PCI express adapter.

when I just inserted the PCIe8361, I viewed the Device Management which showed PCI-to-PCI bridge OK and correct hardware ID.(see 001.jpg 002.jpg).
And the LEDs on the PCIe8361 are: Host Link LED is on, Cable Link LED is off, and Cable Reset LED is on.

But if I turned on the PXIe1073, the Device Management showed exclamation mark on PCI-to-PCI bridge. If I opened it, it showed the following message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

If I opened Measurement & Automation tool, I could not see any PXI or DAQ.

I already installed MStudio2010SP1, NIDAQ930f2, NIMXIeCmpt140, and pxips301.

Could you give me any tips on how I solve this problem? Thanks.
by the way, my colleague installed only MStudio2010SP1, NIDAQ930f2 on his Window XP with same hardware. It worked straitaway.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,073 Views)

Hi elec_mse

I just wanted to verify with you some information about your setup.

1. You mention that you are trying to connect your PXIe 1073 chassis with a Windows 7 Notebook and that you are using a PCIe8361 instead of a Expresscard 8360. What kind of PCI Express Adapter are you using and is your colleague also using this PCI Express adapter with the same exact cards and chassis?
  2. Does your colleague use the same model laptop as you do?
  3. Do you have everything plugged in first and you have the 1073 chassis turned on before you turn on your laptop in both instances with your laptop and your colleague's laptop?
  4. One thing that can be throwing the Code 12 error is the installation of cardbus. You can troubleshoot the Code 12 error here.
  5. Does your colleague's computer use Windows 7 and have the same BIOS? The BIOS could also be throwing the Code 12 error in Device Manager.

Also the general KB article to troubleshoot your MXI Express card can be found here.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,052 Views)