PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature is incompatible with products already installed

I am currently installing new cards and updating software on a PXI system.  As I am trying to update to the latest software versions, I keep getting an error for certain features which say - This feature will not be installed - This feature is incompatible with products already installed on the computer.  I just got a PXI-6551 DIO card and it will not allow me to install any of the versions of the HSDIO software package that i downloaded.  How can I find out what installed software is causing the conflicts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,131 Views)

Hi mmipxi,

If you could give us an overview of your system, we would have a better chance of understanding this error. For example, what NI software you currently have installed and what controller you are using. If you could attach a MAX report this would make things easier. Thanks

PBear
NI RF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,111 Views)
Thanks for the reply.  The Chasis is a PXI-1042 and the controller is a PXI-8184.  The software was reimaged from the original image stored on the hard drive.  The cards I have are PXI-4060, PXI-4130, PXI-2530, PXI-6551.  Since the software on the controller is a few years old, I've tried to update things to the latest versions, but i keep running into problems.  I spent hours downloading packages(NI-DMM, NI-SWITCH, NI-DCPOWER, NI-HSDIO) and when I try to install most of the features cannot be installed due to some conflict.  I'm not sure what the best way to find out the root cause of the conflicts, or what the best way to go about updating the software is. I've tried using MAX to get product updates, I install some of them but I still run into problems.  As an example it suggested updating teh VISA installation, which i did and MAX no longer works properly(not sure if it is related, but problems appeared after i updated).  I was tempted to just uninstall all of the NI software on the controller and start from a fresh install, but if i can avoid that amount of work i'd prefer it.  Basically, I'd like to find what versions of the software i should be running and the order i should install things to avoid too many conflicts.  Any help you can offer is much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,107 Views)

Hi mmxipxi,

Thanks for the updated information. What operating system are you using? Are you running LabVIEW RealTime? Also, any screen shots of the problem would be beneficial.

PBear
NI RF
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,076 Views)

Hi PBear,

Thank you for your assistance.  I resolved the issue by uninstalling all NI software and reinstalling from the NI Driver release from March 08.  I was hoping to avoid having to uninstall-reinstall, but I finally gave up.  I incrementally unistalled things to see if i could find what was causing the conflicts, but there was pretty much nothing left by the time the installer stopped complaining about conflicts with already installed software.  The most frustrating part is that it never tells you what software it is conflicting with.  In any case, thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,070 Views)