PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasocket-connnection between PC and RT embedded controller

I want to connect two VI with the Datasocket Server using the functions Datasocket read and write.
The datasocketserver receive the data from the VI on the remote target (the PXIcontroller), but the VI on the host recognize no connection (unrecognized protocol).
The URL which I gave them was dstp://x.x.x.x/data .
x.x.x.x stands for each IP of the other system which I want to connect to.
I use XP with Labview 7.1 on the host-PC and  RT Labview as an OS on the PXI controller (PXI-8186).

Regards, Jbrib
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,014 Views)
Have you installed DataSocket for LabVIEW Real-Time on to the target by right-clicking the target in MAX and choosing 'Install Software'? You can check to see if this is installed by expanding the Software tab under your RT target.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Jaideep J.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,997 Views)
I had already  "DataSocket for Labview Real-Time 4.2" installed, but it doesn't work.
(it is also "Labview Realtime 7.1" installed on the remote target)
For x.x.x.x , I had also written only the IP of the host, but it didn't work.
And I have DataSocket Server running all the time.

Regards, Jbrib

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,991 Views)

Hi Jbrib,

The IP-address that you specify whenever you use DataSocket is the one from the machine that the DataSocket Server is running on. That means that both the reader and writer have to use the exact same URL to point at the same data item. One tip: If your VI is on the same machine as the DataSocket Server you can use the name "localhost" instead of the actual IP-address to point at the machine.

You can check how many connections have been established to the DataSocket Server by opening the Servers front panel. You should see the numbers of connections rise to 2 when both VIs are running.

If it still doesn't work, please connect a Simple Error Handler.vi to the error output of the DataSocket Read and Write to check for the reason that you can't connect. Let me know what error you are receiving.

- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,977 Views)