PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating exe takes 45 minutes

Hi,
Actually i am trying to create an exe for a source code approx 100 MB in size. There are 10 dynamic vis in the same.
While creating exe it take huge time approximately 1 hour to complete the exe successfully.
Is this a normal behaviour? i.e. because of the size of the code it take time to complete.
Regards,
Naru
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,907 Views)
Hi Naru,

The larger the source code, the longer it will take to compile the code to an executable.  Since the executable will run on the LabVIEW run-time engine, it needs to get translated so that the engine will understand the code. 

To reduce your code to be more effiecient, follow these steps:

1) Avoid any kind of hirachy except it is impossible.
2) Don't open different windows. Use a TAB indicator instead and change the pages on demand by setting the tab value programaticaly.
3) Have all indicators and controls in one VI.
4) Do graphical actions only if nesseary. Avoid graphical updates if possible.
5) If you have to do graphical updates do it all at the same time.
6) Use a producer / consumer structure. Producer with the event structure and consumer with reactions on producer events.
    Use a queue to comunicate between producer and consumer.
7) Avoid tunneling data if possible.
😎 Avoid build array functions.
9) Avoid quotient and reminder functions.
10) If you have to call external code, than do it carefully and try to do as much as possible in C. If you have to collect data avoid several calls.
11) Try not to use any unnecccessary logic or any branch array wires when not needed.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,890 Views)