PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection lost, safe mode

Hi

Does someone suggest a way to resolve a problem that RT system gets into the safe mode when I try to switch the target to it with Labview?

After rebooting (regardless of its software or switch-off), MAX shows that the RT machine is running.

However, when I switch the target to the RT, sometimes Labview says that the connection is lost.  Sometimes, the machine is connected but, when a VI is transferring, the connection is lost.  At that moment, Max shows that the RT machine is in the safe mode.

ni-rt.ini includes "YouOnlyLiveTwice = FALSE" in [Startup].

Thanks for any suggestions!

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,878 Views)

Greetings!

Listed below are some suggestions of the issue you might be facing. Hope you are using LabVIEW RT 7.1 or later.

1) Setting YouOnlyLiveTwice = FALSE in the startup disables the target from going in to safe mode

2) Also you might want to check if there is a vi that is running on start up already on your target that is starting every time to reconnect.

3) Do you get a window that pops up stating there is a vi that is running

4) Launch the max ftp client and make sure you remove all the vi's in the startup folder

5) Are you able to reproduce the issue every time you try targeting the vi to the target

6) Try rebooting the target controller

Please let me know if this helps
Good Luck
Thanks
Avi Harjani

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,862 Views)
Thanks Avi,
Yes, my ini file includes the start up option and no vi exists at the auto-start up directory.
I put a hub between the laptop and the PXI to solve reported slow down of the communication between them.  Currently, as far as I tested again and again for the last two days, it works OK without this problem.
Thanks for suggesting tips and sharing your experience.
Kenny
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,857 Views)